WHY BUY FROM HOMESMITH?
Lots of reasons! All of our homes are:
- architecturally unique, beautifully custom-built and have incredible curb appeal! We build one-of-a-kind pieces of art, not cookie-cutter homes!
- convenient, logical, functional and feature livable floor plans for every day living! Each of our rooms serves a specific function and is designed with your family in mind. Empty space is maximized with cubbies, shelves and closets.
- energy efficient homes! We use the Super Seal Three-Step Sealing Process to ensure incredible energy efficiency. Our Trane brand 13 SEER HVAC equipment is the best in the business, too.
- built with safety in mind! Your safety comes first with our homes, which feature deadbolts on all exterior doors, security system pre-wiring and bright flood lights.
- created with incredible customer service, quality and attention to detail that only a custom builder can deliver! Building quality custom homes that surpass your greatest expectations is a top priority at Homesmith. We’re not just building another house – we’re building your home.
IS HOMESMITH MORE EXPENSIVE THAN THE 'BIG BOX' PRODUCTION BUILDERS?
No, we’re just as price-competitive as production builders! Production builders typically attract buyers with low base prices and the promise of free upgrades. However these base prices are for truly stripped down houses, typically ones with weak trim packages, vinyl floors and carpet, and no granite, tile or window trim. Then the upgrades start (production builders can make huge margins on upgrades). After you’ve signed a contract and head to their showrooms to make your selections, the upgrades continue. (“Oh, you want that faucet? That will be another $250.”) By the time your extras are totaled, your upgrades can cost an additional $80,000 to $120,000. Even then, the interior of the house will most likely have a plastic or dated feel to it since many builders are using the same standardized parts that every builder in Richmond has been using for the past 30 years.
Unlike these builders, Homesmith’s homes include most of the items that sophisticated clients want as standard. Our ‘standards list’ is so inclusive that you can move into a base-priced house and not need a single upgrade. Should you want any; it’s good to know that we charge a fair price for them!
WHAT DOES HOMESMITH INCLUDE IN ITS STANDARDS?
So we don’t nickel and dime our clients, we include many of the following items they want as standard: wide, site-finished hardwood in most downstairs areas, granite, heavy moldings, tile in the bath, mud, and laundry rooms, tiled kitchen backsplashes, oak stairs with upgraded stair parts and unique architecture. All of these important details are instrumental in making our houses feel warm and inviting. They also make our houses livable with little or no upgrades.
CAN I MAKE CHANGES TO A HOMESMITH PLAN?
Yes! You can change virtually anything you want! Add a window, move a wall, make a room bigger, anything you want. Most production builders won't let you do this. You can choose A, B, or C, and that is it.
HOW CAN I FIND OUT HOW MUCH MY HOMESMITH HOME WILL COST?
It’s simple! Just schedule a no-obligation consultation with Pat Harris, Homesmith Construction President, so you can tell him in person exactly what it is that you want in a home. After listening carefully to your needs, Pat will give you an honest, competitively priced quote for the home of your dreams. To find out how easy and cost-effective it is to be a Homesmith homeowner, give Pat a call at 804.543.3348 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org today!